Cosmetic Dentistry Costs
Costs Associated with Cosmetic Dentistry
Currently, many people are well aware that first impressions are everlasting and want to always look their best when meeting someone, either professionally or casually. Are you interested in improving the appearance of your smile, but aren’t sure how much it would cost? At Avenues Family Dentist, we cater to your cosmetic dentistry needs by offering top-notch professional services at prices that are competitive with nationwide averages. Our dental professionals will take you through every step of the process to ensure that you receive a smile that meets your standards. We have prepared a list of typical cosmetic procedures and the corresponding price of each. Additionally, we have included information that patients frequently inquire about to provide general information regarding cosmetic dentistry services.
List of Services and Average Costs
Dental Veneers – approximately $250 – $2,500/tooth
• a dental veneer, a thin layer of porcelain or composite that is adhered to the surface of your existing tooth, replicates tooth color to solve issues with discoloration, chips or cracks, worn tooth enamel, and irregular spacing.
Dental Implants – approximately $1,500 – $6,000/tooth
• dental implants are permanent installations of teeth to correct tooth loss. While there are other options to correct tooth loss, dental implants have been proven to be the most durable and long-lasting.
Teeth Whitening – approximately $400 – $650
• teeth whitening is brightening of the teeth to improve appearance. Once performed, follow up appointments are required to maintain the brightness of the teeth.
Dental Bridge – approximately $700 – $1,500/tooth
• a dental bridge is used to fill in empty spaces due to tooth loss. They aid in restoring the mouth to its normal state in effort to improve speech, chewing, and a variety of additional mouth functions.
Invisalign – approximately $3,500 – $8,000
• Invisalign, performing the same functions as braces, straighten teeth using a clear, removable device. This option is typically chosen by patients who prefer a different look than that of traditional braces.
Insurance coverage. While most insurance companies don’t cover cosmetic dentistry, there are financing companies that allow patients to setup a payment plan to cover the price of procedures.
Cosmetic dentistry for minors. Cosmetic dentistry is rarely, if ever, performed on children and teenagers. The reason is that at that age, the bones in adolescents are still developing and will likely shift until they reach adulthood. There are a few procedures – Invisalign and teeth whitening, specifically – that can be performed on children and teens, but it is advised to wait until adulthood before any other methods are tested to correct teeth.
Eligibility for cosmetic dentistry. While changes to one’s smile may be sought after by many people, not everyone is eligible. During the consultation, dental professionals will determine if you are eligible by examining certain factors, including medical history, social history (i.e. smoker or not), and condition of teeth. For example, a prospective patient with severely discolored teeth would likely not benefit from teeth whitening.
How to get started. The best way to get started is to make an appointment with our office so that we can walk you through the process. It is also important to create a list of questions that you may have for the dental professionals and be prepared to provide your family medical history. We will also discuss financing options should they be needed to cover the cost of your procedure.
Come and let the staff at Avenues Family Dentist give you peace of mind as you consider options to improve the aesthetics of your smile. Our goal is to give you a beautiful, new smile, along with a boost of confidence.